Monday, September 12, 2016

Review: Conflicted by Lisa Suzanne

Conflicted Conflicted by Lisa Suzanne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What do you get when you find yourself in a lackluster marriage and are insanely attracted to your boss? You find yourself confused, unsure, questioning almost everything - in a nut shell, you're "Conflicted!" Lucy finds herself questioning who she is what or even who she wants.

Reading about Cole's interactions with Madi was heartwarming. Yet his initial actions towards Lucy were rude, arrogant and hateful. But they do say there's a fine line between love and hate. There are times when it seems that the whole situation is a train wreck waiting to happen in slow motion, but you are unable to look away and you can't stop it from happening.

Favorite quote of the book:
"What I need isn't what I have anymore."
"I hated my boss’s guts, but I also had a tiny crush on him."

Denial by either one or both people is never something that is easily overcome. When one person doesn’t think there’s a problem, it’s difficult to move forward.

Lisa Suzanne created a storyline that may be a trigger to some, but the chemistry between Lucy and Cole is undeniable. Regardless of where you stand on the storyline of cheating, the emotions that Lisa Suzanne is able to evoke from the reader are strong yet unpredictable. I felt as though I were on a rollercoaster - not knowing which way I was heading, pointing - constantly being twisted. Just like the characters, I felt torn, confused and yes even lost at times. The reality of life is that sometimes people fall out of love with the one they've committed themselves to. At that point they must make a decision. Do they become miserable and continue to honor their wedding vows or do they admit their personal flaws and seek pleasure and happiness in the arms of another? What would you do if it were you?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment