Monday, October 17, 2016

~ Review ~ Adjournment by Emersyn Vallis



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

AdjournmentThe characters were ever increasing as the scenes and locations changed in the book, yet regardless it was more the story that had me going back and re-reading passages to see if I missed something. Yet what I believe was occurring was Emersyn Vallis has simply written an amazing book that dances around the facts of the past, causing me to question what I know or what I should know. I find myself at times simply asking, 'what the heck is going on?'

I find myself having a heard time deciding what genre this book would be classified under. It could be considered a love story or romance, for the connection between Sidney and Simon is a not so classic second chance romance.

But it could also be considered a rom-com. The dynamics between the McAllister triplets and the Chandler sisters is very entertaining and humorous. Their playfulness, banter, fun and games had me LOL too many times to count. And Grams - well let's just say I love her sass and fell in love with her character. Her advice and takes on situations is endearing and funny at the same time. A couple of my favorite quotes from Gram:
"Don't marry for love; that will fade with time. Marry for the sex."
" ... my granddaughter is a woman whether I like it or not. She needs to find someone who will know how to take care of a woman and not just want someone to play with his little man."

And then there's the underlying mystery from the past that is eluded to yet never revealed. What does Sidney need to remember? What does she need to forget? The puzzle pieces exist but I'm not sure how they fit together or even if I have all the pieces to make sense of it all.

I am intrigued to see where this story goes from here.

Adjournment - is a waiting period - a postponement - perhaps even a pause button for until we meet again .. and I'm still waiting to know what will become of Simon and Sidney's - what should I even call it - prelude, tryst, relationship or simply a love affair that spans a lifetime.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment