Sunday, November 27, 2016

5 🌟 Review: Shadows by MJ Fields

Shadows Shadows by M.J. Fields
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I found myself holding my breath waiting to see what would happen next. There were moments when I would find myself waiting for the bomb to drop. I just knew something bad was going to happen, but I couldn't tell to whom or when. This kept me reading to the very end without putting the book down.

Shadow's take command attitude with Mary was H.O.T. His alpha tendencies had my Kindle sizzling from the beginning.

description

I felt the raw emotions and vulnerability of the characters throughout the book. I love watching the transformation of the characters when they now love what wasn't important to them earlier in the story.

Mary found it hard to see good in herself. She felt the weight of her past, her hurts and her troubles on her. It was easier for her to believe the negative thoughts rather than listening to what others were telling her. It was hard for her to see what other people saw in her when she truly didn't believe it in her heart.

A pivotal point for me as a reader was during the following interaction:

"I promise you, we aren't just lying in wait."
The way he said it was calm, but the anger, the rage, all of his emotions were easily seen in his eyes. The one emotion I did not see was fear. In that, I find hope.


That's what I like about books that MJ Fields has written .. in them I find hope .. hope for a happy ending, hope for a better tomorrow, hope for being a better me, hope for moving past the pain, simply hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment