Friday, June 30, 2017

Crosshairs by Kate Stewart


Title: Crosshairs
Series: Predator & Prey #2
Author: Kate Stewart
Genre: Erotic Suspense
Release Day: June 30



Safe.
It’s a liar’s word. No one is ever truly safe.
Daniello still haunted me—in my bed, in my dreams, in a ridiculous notion of a future we would never have.
I was drawn to darkness, and he was the abyss.
My love for him made me flesh and bone—vulnerable.
I was finally a woman with something to lose and would do anything to keep it.
But when my past caught up with my present, it became clear that safe would forever remain an illusion.
Laz was coming for us, his looming darkness a threat to the life I carefully designed.
Armed with hope, and ready for battle, I never imagined the casualties of the war that came to me.
And then I lost all control.

AMAZON * AMAZON UK

AMAZON AU * AMAZON CA

5🌟 Review from Wicked Tales of Racy Reads

Kate Stewart has simply outdone herself. This was the perfect ending to Daniello and Taylor's story. The suspense and action had me holding my breath and the sex scenes hand me fanning myself. The heat and passion was a direct sign of the chemistry between Daniello & Taylor. They knew how to push each others' buttons and elicit reactions that sometimes only lovers can do.

To me there was a similarities to the characters and storyline when compared to Gone With The Wind.

Gone With The Wind vs. Crosshairs
Rhett (HOT) ... Daniello (HOTTER)
I mean come on, the accent alone can bring a girl to her knees, no?!

Scarlett (STRONG, SEXY & DETERMINED) ... Taylor (STRONG, SEXIER, MORE DETERMINED AND FIERCE)
Charleston ... Charleston


Now that I really have had time to reflect on this story I truly believe that Taylor is like a mix of Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind and Fancy from Reba MCEntire's song. These ladies all have several things in common. They're strong, fierce and determined to make something of themselves no matter what obstacles life throws at them.

There were so many characters, yet Kate Stewart has an impeccable story telling ability that keeps the details flowing and the characters arranged in such a way that I'm able to follow and mentally catalog each and every one with explicit details and understanding as to their role in the plot.
I mean the list of important or key characters to complete the tale is insane:
Taylor, Laz, Ray, Amber, Cedric, Nina, Aaron, Daniello, Rocco, Tula, Lucy, Joseph, Donato
and these are just the ones off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing some, but hopefully you see my point. Even with a character list this extensive, Kate's somehow able to mesh them together with an exact design that makes you loath some and embrace the others.

The twists and turns had me returning to previously read portions and rethinking the direction I thought the story may be going in. I think I can truthfully say that I never know what Kate Stewart is going to have her characters say or do and that in and of itself keeps me coming back for more.

One of my favorite quotes from Daniello:
"You want to be fucked, Taylor, but he would not have satisfied you. I am inside you. You want me. You need my cock. Your thirst is not for him. You fool yourself. You make me a fool."

One of my favorite quotes from Taylor:
"... this Cinderella had run with the rats, fucked a prince or two, and decided that self-worth was superior to being second to a man's ego."


Anytime there is a child or children written into the story, even for a brief moment they can steal the show and little Joseph is no exception. His ability to end each statement with "Tank weezus" - just utterly priceless!

Both Camouflage and Crosshairs will be a pair of books that will definitely be re-read again and again!


AMAZON

UNIVERSAL BUY LINK



Kate Stewart lives in Charleston, S.C. with her husband, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie. A native of Dallas, Kate moved to Charleston three weeks after her first visit, dropping her career of 8 years, and declaring it her creative muse. Kate pens messy, sexy, angst-filled contemporary romance as well as romantic comedy and erotic suspense because it’s what she loves as a reader. A lover of all things ’80s and ’90s, especially John Hughes films and rap, she dabbles a little in photography, can knit a simple stitch scarf for necessity only and does a horrible job of playing the ukulele. Aside from running a mile without collapsing, traveling is the only other must on her bucket list. On occasion, she does very well at vodka.



Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment